My reading list
I love reading, sometimes I read a lot. The below lists contain the books and articles I read.
I loved reading from when I was a kid. I remember reading comics, and science magazines (Pratiyogita Darpan) in one sitting. My parents used to scold me for reading too much (ah the irony of it), so much that I used to read sometimes inside my blanket with a torch (this explains why I have to wear spectacles now, doesnt it?).
I started tracking all my reading since 2021, at a place called Goodreads. This really works as I feel accountable. I read 21 books in 2021, and my reading goal for 2021 is atleast 25 books.
While Goodreads is a great place to track books, I wanted to have something on my own website, hence this list. I always take notes when I am reading, so that i can revisit them later. So in below list, I will add few notes about the books too. It is an in-progress list, and will forever be so.
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
- Atomic Habits
- Developer Relations: How to Build and Grow a Successful Developer Program
- The Pragmatic Programmer
- Accessibility for everyone
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
- Never Split the Difference
- How to Be Yourself
- Dare To Lead
- How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big
- Glory Over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House
- SEO For Everyone
- How to Deal with Difficult People
- Homo Deus: A History of Tomorrow
- Never Eat Alone
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life
- Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- The Alchemist
- Show Your Work!
- The Magic of Thinking Big
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
- The Miracle Morning
- The Annotated Turing: A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Feminism Is for Everybody: Passionate Politics
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- Unf*ck Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life
- Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad
- Atomic Design
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- How to Improve Your Writing
- PUBLIC SPEAKING: Why Your Presentation Sucks
- Girl, Stop Apologizing
- Improve Your People Skills
- Everybody Writes
- The Song of Achilles
Below contains list of articles that I enjoyed reading and maintaining this list will help me to revisit these later as well as could be a source of reference for anyone who might find them useful. If you came here and found something interesting, I would be happy to know about it.
- Create accessible designs using the Figma A11y Annotation kit
- Paint the Picture, Not the Frame: How Browsers Provide Everything Users Need
- Preference Queries
- I’ve had enough! When access friction becomes an access barrier
- Breaking Out of the Box
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide
- Accessibility monitoring: How we test
- Why You Need to Stop Using These Words and Phrases
- We've Been Here Since the Beginning
- Being an Imposter
- You’re Not an Imposter. You’re Actually Pretty Amazing.
- Basic Accessibility testing - by Nicolas Steenhout
- Outline is your friend